Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The UK's Navy has announced the formation of a new elite unit of the Royal Marines that will use "game-changing technology and weaponry" to operate in hot spots across the globe.

In June, a state-of-the-art uniform for Britain's Royal Marines was unveiled as part of the Ministry of Defence's Future Commando Force programme to modernise the branch.
The UK's Navy has announced the formation of a new elite unit of the Royal Marines that will use "game-changing technology and weaponry" to operate in hot spots across the globe.
In a press release on Monday , the Navy said that over 150 Royal Marines and Army Commandos are due to start training together this fall as part of the Vanguard Strike Company.
The joint training will come amid the implementation of the Royal Marine-related project, also known as the Future Commando Force programme, which the Navy said "will overhaul how the world-famous green berets operate".
The new unit, set to be deployed next year, is expected to operate in smaller, hi-tech groups, which will "give the UK a more agile and lethal capability, ready for missions anywhere in the world at a moment's notice", according to the Navy.
"This is about returning commando forces to their roots: to operate at reach and in all theatres, including the Arctic, as the spearhead of operations", the press release pointed out.
Commandant General Royal Marines, Major General Matt Holmes, for his part, touted the Vanguard Strike Company as a force that will be able "to operate and fight in a dynamic, technological era of warfare".
"We envisage several of these networked sub-units persistently forward deployed around the globe, with an array of sophisticated enabling capabilities, to present dilemmas to adversaries whilst supporting partners. These will all be at high-readiness, as a capable forward contingency force at the core of the Royal Navy's Littoral Response Groups", Holmes underscored.
The new strike force's formation follows last month's unveiling of sophisticated uniforms for the Royal Marines, as part of the Future Commando Force modernisation programme.
The US-made high-tech kit is 17-percent lighter, 60-percent faster-drying, and at least four times more breathable as compared to the previous uniform. The new kit's price tag reportedly stands at about £800 ($987).

UNC Bukavu sets plan for Peaceful March and Sit-In demonstrations in Support to Vital Kamerhe


The Union for the Congolese Nation (UNC) in the province of South Kivu, is hosting a peaceful march this Thursday, July 23, 2020, in the city of Bukavu.
In a letter to the Mayor of the city, the vital Kamerhe party indicates that it will also organize a sit-in on Friday, July 24, 2020, at the funu grounds in Kadutu.
These events are scheduled, in order to accompany the national president of this party; who appears this Friday in the 100-day trial, at the Kinshasa / Gombe Appeals Court.
′′ UNC is organizing a peaceful march and sit-in, to sympathize with our national president vital Kamerhe; in the so-called 100-day trial between him and the Public Prosecutor's Office; at the Kinshasa Gombe Court of Appeal. On July 23, 2020, peaceful march at 11 p. m from the party headquarters in the province, where a memorandum will be read and submitted. Friday, July 24, motorized caravan followed by a sit-in; which will start at 10 p.m. at the funu pitch, observance of the trial." say the source,also signed by Richard Bunani, Inter-Federal Secretary of UNC in South Kivu.
It should be noted that vital Kamerhe was sentenced on 20 June to 20 years of hard labour; by the TGI of Kinshasa / Gombe. His lawyers went on an appeal, and the next hearing is scheduled for Friday, July 24, 2020.

Josiah Obat replaces Cecilia piazza as head of new MONUSCO office in ITURI.Gorvenor of Ituri ,Jean bamanisa tasks him to end ADF-NALU insurgency in the province.

Last week,Monusco's brand new head  office in Ituri, Josiah Obat started his duties.
Following a meeting on Monday, July 20, 2020 with the provincial governor Jean Bamanisa Saïdi, this UN official reassured about the continued support of his institution for the stabilization of Ituri.
For this first official public activity, Mr. Obat was accompanied by the commander of the northern sector of Force Monusco, General Ali.
Various other topics were on the meeting's agenda, including the general security situation in the province, the launch of the DDR process in favor of the FRPI militia as well as the situation of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Ituri having reached the number of 28 confirmed cases.
Governor Bamanisa did not fail to return to the challenges to be taken up in his jurisdiction to put an end to the insecurity caused by the multiple cases of incursions by CODECO, ADF-NALU and other Mai Mai groups in the territories. by Djugu, Mahagi and Irumu.
Also during their meeting, the head of the provincial executive called for an increase in the envelope for stabilization projects to cover the vast territories of Djugu and Mahagi.
The provincial authority hailed the role played by the UN mission in this region as well as its development efforts through the rehabilitation of certain roads.
Josiah Obat, who performed the same functions in Beni in North Kivu, replaces Cécilia Piazza, she will head the Monusco office in Beni.

General John Numbi is apparrently warning the Katangais and DRC: ′′ Don't push me into my character as a military discipline ′′

In his address to the Katangaise community, who came to comfort him, Tuesday, July 21th at his farm a few kilometers from Lubumbashi, General John Numbi says he is safe in ex-Katanga than being in Kinshasa.
Revelations that corroborate with reports that he refused the Prime Minister's request to return together last Sunday to the capital.
In front of the notables Katangais, including the governor of Haut-Katanga, General John Numbi has been concerned about the brutal disappearance of General Delphin Kahimbi found dead in his residence in Kinshasa. ′′ I lost a great comrade, Delphin Kahimbi ", he explained. ′′ Today, we shouldn't, with everything going on, people think the Katangais are weak ", added Numbi referring to the last set-up in the Army following the latest orders of the head of state Félix Tshisekedi.
In the face of what is told about him, General John Numbi has said that ′′ I must not be pushed into my character as a military discipline...John Numbi Banza Tambo does not seem to be happy with his replacement as Inspector General of FARDC which he held for two years under Joseph Kabila. He protested it this Tuesday, July 21 at a reception he organized for Katanga officials at his farm in Lubumbashi. He reveals that he was able to avoid bloodbath in the country thanks to the ′′ important role he played."
′′ I, your brother, played an important role in the peaceful passage of power in this country, it's not called treason. I prevented Congolese blood from flowing, it's not called betrayal.", did he address the notables he received.
Several times cited as the one who vitalizes Bakata Katanga militia led by Gideon Kyungu, former FARDC Inspector General replies:
′′ I asked all these young Bakata Katanga to stop and not to shed Congolese blood. And how do I have to be treated like this? Why this trap? Why this plot? Thank god im still alive. I remain sentinel of Congolese and Katangais in particular ", he says.
The sideline of Mr. Numbi was hailed by the NGO the Voice of the Without Voices which still accuses this official of the Congolese army of being author of the double assassination of his activists Floribert Chebeya and Faithful Bazana in June 2010. John Numbi was then number 1 of The Congolese National Police (PNC). Its gauge is mostly publicly greeted by the USA.

Maguy Rwakabuba appointed vice president of the network of women parliamentarians in DRC

On July 21, women deputies appointed a Vice President and a Rapporteur to complete their office in the National Assembly.
′′ I am very honoured to have had the trust of my fellow women parliamentarians. I am currently the first Vice President of the Network of Women Parliamentarians (...) We have a lot of activities, we must defend our rights not only at the Assembly level but also at the institutions. Starting today, I am making myself available at the office level but also from my colleagues said the Honourable Maguy Rwakabuba, elected from Rutshuru territory in North Kivu.
The Honourable Viviane Kapufi, for her part, believes that it is a satisfaction for her to hold this position as feminist. ′′ The struggle, the advancement of women is our fight. With my experience and background, I will be able to contribute to the office. The fact that we already have a woman at the head of the National Assembly is an essential step, women are building," said the Honourable Kapufi.
Created in May 2019, the Network of Women Parliamentarians is currently led by the Honourable Anne-Marie Bilabangu.

Members civil society of South Kivu alert about nearly 20.000 fictitious military presence in the eastern part of the country.

Nearly 20000 fictitious military are reported in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
Provincial deputies in South Kivu alerting this situation, in a statement released on Monday, July 20, 2020, call for an ′′ urgent ′′ verification of military strength.
′′ We recommend that the central government make an official statement regarding the reported incursions in the East part and especially in South Kivu. That the government urgently verify the military strength where nearly 20.000 fictitious military are reported in the east of the country ", they say in their statement.
The provincial deputies of South Kivu recommend that the central government strengthen the military strength deployed on the field of operations in South Kivu.
They also call for the deployment of police officers in conflict settings for the protection of civilians.
The provincial elected officials in South Kivu call on the armed forces and security services to intensify their efforts, during this time when incursions and infiltrations on Congolese soil are reported nights and days.
They invite MONUSCO to play its full role in pacifying and stabilizing peace in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

CODECO militiamen killed 9 civilians today.

CODECO assailants from Ngoto village led a new attack into the locality of Mayolo of the Anyolo-Tchulo group in the Banyali-Kilo sector, in the territory of Djugu in Ituri.
Between Monday and Tuesday July 21, 2020, at least 9 civilians were killed with a machete, says Mombiane Joël, one of important figures in the area.
On Monday, five people died, the bodies of four of them have not yet been found, while another person was seriously injured.
This Tuesday around 2 p.m. local time, the same assailants killed four more people, including 1 woman and 3 men, said the same source.
“They have just killed around 2 pm four people apart from those killed yesterday Monday in the same village of Mayolo. The bodies are still there, they will be buried tomorrow "explains Mr. Mombiane before adding:
"The people who were just killed today have returned to spend the night in their houses in the village hoping that the enemy will not return, unfortunately for them."
The village remains emptied for the moment of its inhabitants who preferred to move to environments deemed safe.
The FARDC soldiers arrived after these outlaws had withdrawn from the village, notes our source.
The Banyali-Kilo sector is still under threat from CODECO who have increased attacks in several villages. The latest is that of Bunzenzele at the Sindani-Akeso groupement on Wednesday July 08, which killed more than 25 civilians.

What will happen to John Numbi, the controversial general who refuses to return to Kinshasa?


General John Numbi, left without office following the reshuffling of July 17 in the army, divided within the Congolese presidency. Here's why.
According to leaks from security, General John Numbi refused to leave his Katanga stronghold, feeling much safer than in Kinshasa. According to security sources, he still has a strong influence on military and youth groups in the region.

President Félix Tshisekedi is about to address the nation this Tuesday, July 21th.

President Félix Tshisekedi will address the nation this Tuesday, July 21th, date selected to announce the start of the progressive lifting of the state of health emergency, our leaks reveal!
This communication will take place following the sixth and final extension of the state of emergency.
The Government announced last Thursday following a meeting with the Multisectoral Committee of Response to COVID 19 chaired by the 1st Minister, Sylvestre Ilunga Ilunkamba that the state of health emergency will no longer be extended in the Democratic Republic Congo (DRC).
Last Friday, during the meeting of the Council of Ministers, the Coordinator of the Technical Secretariat pointed out that respect for barrier gestures remains an essential condition for the success of the progressive deconfinement following the lifting of the state of emergency. Alternatively, re-lockdown could be considered, like what happened in Africa, especially in Madagascar, Morocco and Algeria. The Prime Minister should provide the Government with guidance for the gradual lifting of a state of emergency.
In the same context, national deputy Jean-Pierre Lihau tabled a bill on the lifting of the state of emergency in the National Assembly.
Since the beginning of the epidemic reported on March 10, 2020, the cumulation has been 8.443 cases, including 8.442 confirmed cases and 1 probable cases. A total of 194 deaths (193 confirmed cases and 1 probable cases) and 4.335 people healed.
The 14 provinces affected in the DRC are: Kinshasa (epicenter) 7.181 cases; Kongo Central 359 cases; South Kivu 276 cases; Haut-Katanga 260 cases; North Kivu 230 cases ; Lualaba 75 cases; Haut-Uélé 18 cases; Ituri 15 cases; Tshopo 14 cases; Kwilu 4 cases; South-Ubangi 4 cases; Ecuador 4 cases; Haut-Lomami 1 cases and Kwango 1 cases.

Over 220 civilians executed last weekend by rebels Ngumino and Twigwaneho (Rwandan) in Kipupu, according to provincial elected officials .


 MEPs in South Kivu talk about more than 220 civilians killed by armed groups Ngumino and Twigwaneho (Rwandan) on the night of Thursday 16 to Friday 17 July 2020, in the village of Kipupu, Itombwe sector in Mwenga territory.
In a statement released on Monday, July 20, the 30 signatory deputies condemned this massacre and called on the head of state to carry out his campaign promises to bring peace back to the east of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
′′ While reaffirming our commitment to defend the interests of the people who have mandated us, we recommend to his excellence Mr. President of the Republic to fulfill his campaign promises towards the people of South Kivu including the protection of the people of South Kivu civilians and their property, the pacification of the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo and the installation of the FARDC headquarters in the eastern part of the Republic ", we read in this statement consulted.
The provincial deputies of South Kivu also recommend to the President of the Republic to strengthen initiatives aimed at consolidating peace in the subregion.
They point out that the massacres perpetrated in Kipupu would be the work of the armed groups Ngumino and Twirwaneho.
They call on the army to step up their efforts to end the activism of armed groups in South Kivu.
It should be recalled that last Thursday civilians mostly women and children were killed in Kipupu. Homes have been burned and cattle swept away, reports
local civil society.

Has DRC closed TikToker?